Monday 3 December 2012

Glamarama

 Big hello to everyone out there.



I hope everyone is well. For the next two weeks I will be working at Tamarama beach aka as Glamarama because of the location and the beautiful ladies and men that sun-bake on the beach (depends what you are in to haha), anyway it's a good beach to work at it can be quiet when it's not sunny and when we close the beach, But on a busy day we can get up 5-7 thousand people at one time in a stretch of 75m across the shore and 150m from water’s edge to back of beach it's a small area but can get pretty crazy with rescues and rock injuries. Tamarama is roughly 1.5 km south from Bondi it is a very dangerous beach due to how open it is to all swell direction, with rocks on both sides of the beach it can cause a permanent rips at each end, I personally have done some of the hardest rescues in my life-guarding career there and can be scary at times :), Tamarama is in the top 3 most dangerous beach on the east coast of Australia. For everyone that reads this make sure if you come to this beach on a holiday check that the red and yellow flags are up, If not I recommend you don't swim there go to the next beach over Bronte or Bondi, if you are unsure talk to the lifeguards and they can help you. :)

Myself and Yak doing a rescue off the twins






 some of the hardest rescues have been preformed on a jet ski a lady snapped this shot of me and jesse doing some training in surf between Tamarama and Bronte a couple of months ago.


Traveler checks

This week we have a chat to Patty and Seamus :)

On A Final Note 

I think it's important to get your surroundings as well as yourself into a positive state - meaning surround yourself with positive people, not the kind who are negative and jealous of everything you do.

Hope you all have a great weekend lots of love 

MAXI



18 comments:

  1. Great blog! Missed waking up to these. I love the photos of tamarama especially the thunderstorm one and aww lil Maxi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You blog makes me so excited to be travelling Australia in Feb 13! For sure hitting up Bondi, Bronte and Tamarama :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aawhh so cute<3
    you post always a nice blog :D
    Make me smile ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Remember spud not potatoes!! Haha lmao:) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha I'm Irish and I thought your accents weren't actually that bad! The spuds thing is spot on, we never call them potatoes here :P and the "d'ya know what I mean like" is exactly right too! but I've never heard an Irish person say "top of the morning to ya"! :L anyway absolutely love your blog Maxi, always makes me laugh! and watching Bondi Rescue has put visit Australia on my bucket list! :D can't wait to catch the new series :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your blog it is awsome. And I'm starting to get really positive after reading your posts! THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have come a long way Maxi from the kid who just couldn't get the nod from above to be anointed an official Life Saver at Bondi. More power to you and your self belief and hard work. Love the blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! Read this on a snow day at home (UK) with a coffee and thought 'Geez, I wish I was there!!' great blog xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your weblog creates me so thrilled to be traveling Sydney next year! I love traveling all over the world so much that is why I find travel agents that was having a phenomenal experience.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi,

    Thats very nice to read this!
    I like to read your blog and to see the pictures of the beautifull sea.

    Lot's of love,

    Fleur
    From the Netherlands.

    ReplyDelete
  11. the place is definitely beautiful..the beach is great..!! precisely the reason why a lot of people visits tamarama

    Stickers printing

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hola!! tu blog está genial, me encantaria afiliarlo en mis sitios webs y por mi parte te pediría un enlace hacia mis web y asi beneficiarnos ambos con mas visitas.

    me respondes a munekitacate@gmail.com

    besoss!!
    Emilia

    ReplyDelete
  13. hi im jenna andomg some of the most amazing photos i have ever seen in my holw life amazing and i love maxi soooooooo much he is like a One Direction to me love him so much

    love from jenna

    ReplyDelete
  14. Trent you got really brilliant blog I lookfoward to read you more.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. hey maxi!! come to indonesia please hahaha,,, your photos are cool i like it.. and by the way why there's no new episode from bondi rescue? hehe i'm waiting. did you have became the permanent lifeguards there?
    PS: i'm your bigfans :D
    -lots of love santi :))

    ReplyDelete